Guildhall School of Music & Drama
Guildhall School of Music & Drama delivers world-leading professional training in performing and production arts, in partnership with leading artists, companies and ensembles. Guildhall is ranked as one of the top ten performing arts institutions in the world (QS World University Rankings 2020), and third in the Arts, Drama and Music Complete University Guide League Table 2021.
Of the 1,000 students across their programmes, 35% come from outside of Britain, bringing a truly global outlook to all they do. The School encourage applications from anyone with talent, regardless of background.
Students at Guildhall enjoy:
- world-class facilities including concert halls, a lyric theatre, recording and sound studios, theatrical workshops and labs, and electronic music studios (take a virtual tour)
- an incredible location in the City of London near to cultural hotspots (the Barbican Centre, LSO St Luke’s) and famous landmarks such as St Paul’s Cathedral. The School is also a short distance from West End theatres and East End independent galleries and fashion stores
- a collaborative training experience: students work across disciplines to break down boundaries across art forms and experiment with new ideas
- opportunities to join industry talks, workshops and masterclasses, and to take on work placements to gain real-world professional experiences
- access to renowned artists and venues through our five partnerships with the Barbican Centre, Royal Opera House, London Symphony Orchestra, BBC Symphony Orchestra and the Academy of Ancient Music
- active engagement with local communities in London, and beyond, in order to change lives through the arts