Conservatoires UK Student Network
CUKSN was established from a desire to engage with, and inform, the views and decisions of Conservatoires UK, regarding the student voice and sector issues.
CUKSN is committed to working with CUK for the benefit of all conservatoire students.
CUKSN is inclusive of all conservatoire disciplines and departments, representing the diversity of all the member institutions of CUK and is committed to operate in a fair, democratic, and unbiased way to the benefit of all students studying in conservatoires.
The Student Network engages with its student representatives, student bodies, graduates, staff, and external professional organisations, in order to progress an informed student opinion regarding Conservatoire education and experience.
Alongside the CUK Board, the Student Network and its members are consulted and work with organisations such as Healthy Conservatoires Network, Help Musicians UK, Equity, the National Union of Students, and the Association of European Conservatoires Student Working Group. In November 2020 in partnership with the CUK principals group, CUK and CUKSN published a respect policy agreed by all of our member conservatoires. The network values the well-being and experience of all students and we will continue to work together to ensure that this is kept at the forefront of conversations
The Student Network holds four meetings a year at a different member institution each time. More recently the group has been more frequently meeting online to tackle the issues which have arisen throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
The members for 2020/21 are:
- Chair: Lloyd Pearce
- Conservatoire for Dance and Drama: Tierney Lawlor
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama SU: Harry Plant
- Leeds Conservatoire: Hollie Arnold
- Royal Academy of Music SU: Steve Payne
- Royal Birmingham Conservatoire: George West & Bradley Wilson
- Royal Central School of Speech and Drama SU: Parker Hollants
- Royal College of Music SU: Joel Wilson
- Royal Northern College of Music SU: Cara Houghton
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland SU: John Craig
- Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama SU: Nia Thomas
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance SU: Eleanor Strutt
If you would like any more details on the Student Network, or would like to collaborate and consult with us, please email email@example.com.
You can also keep up to date with us on:
Twitter – @cuksnofficial
Instagram – cuksnofficial