Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland is located in the vibrant city of Glasgow. Scotland’s national conservatoire offers specialist training in music, drama, dance, production, film and education.
In March 2021, the QS World University Rankings recognised the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland as one of the world’s top three destinations to study the performing arts. It is the fifth time since 2016 that RCS has been placed in the world top ten of the world’s most consulted and prestigious rankings.
- We are one of few conservatoires in the world to offer degrees across all of the performing arts, with specialised teaching in music, dance, drama, production, film and education
- World-class facilities to help emerging artists thrive
- Collaboration opportunities across all of the art forms
- More than 1,300 students from 60 countries study at RCS
- We have active professional partnerships with all of Scotland’s national arts companies
Established in 1847, RCS is also home to one of Scotland’s busiest arts venues, which supports outstanding Scottish, UK and international artists and performers as they prepare for the professional world. In the challenging period of the global pandemic, we have created a thriving digital platform, RCS at Home, which allows students to perform and share their artistry with audiences around the world.
RCS alumni make an impact across the globe, from concert halls and classrooms to stages, screens, and behind the scenes.
HESA (Higher Education Statistics Agency) Graduate Outcomes Survey results 2017/18 show 90% of graduate respondents from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland were employed or in further study within 15 months of graduating.