London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art
With over 160 years of experience LAMDA offers conservatoire style training in professional and classical acting, directing and production and technical arts with both full-time courses and short courses and was granted full degree awarding powers in 2021.
We are also an awarding organisation, offering world-renowned qualifications in communication and performance and inspiring the next generation of confident communicators through our examinations in drama, literature and poetry.
We believe drama has the power to transform lives. LAMDA’s core aim is to train and develop the best artists regardless of social or financial background. In order to ensure that its work is accessible to all, LAMDA is passionately committed to widening participation and operates a robust scholarship scheme, awarding significant support to full-time students each year.
LAMDA offering exceptional vocational training to actors, stage managers, technicians, directors and designers. LAMDA’s alumni represent many of the most internationally recognised names in entertainment; these include President, Benedict Cumberbatch, David Oyelowo, Leah Harvey, Jim Broadbent, Rebecca Frecknall, Harriet Walter, Dominic Cooper, Ruth Wilson, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Jemma Redgrave, Brian Cox, Mischief Theatre Company and many more. Meet our recent graduates and view their destinations here:
Students at LAMDA benefit from:
- Training in the theatrical capital of the world, London, with opportunities to take industry placements, perform in industry invited showcases, and take part in public-facing productions on our various full-time courses
- Conservatoire style training that focuses on the ensemble and collaboration
- Extra-curricular opportunities to join industry and alumni talks and guest workshops and masterclasses within their core training
- Working in state of the art facilities including our Proscenium arch Sainsbury Theatre with full height fly tower, and two black box flexible studio theatres, 16 rehearsal rooms, technical theatre workshops and audio studio for voice overs, short films, self-created work and digital showcase scenes
- Take a virtual tour: https://www.lamda.ac.uk/tours/lamda_360/index.html
- Discover more about LAMDA life: https://www.lamda.ac.uk/life-lamda/about
- Students on our MFA Professional Acting and BA Professional Acting are given the opportunity to learn how to teach LAMDA Exams, which is a unique part of the course.